A one-on-one meeting template to help your reports discover their personal goals, and develop the steps and skills needed to achieve the goals.
Goals (~20 minutes)
- Whats has been you wanting to do more?
- What are your dreams? (ask them to list down 3~5 dreams)
Action Plan (~20 minutes)
- What are the skills that can help you to reach the dreams?
- From a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate these skills?
- How would a 10 looks like?
- What would it takes to increase this skill by 1? (ask them to list down at least 3 options)
- What would be the best way to approach this? (Analyze the pros, cons, tradeoffs...)
- How do you think you can realistically achieve in 6 months, 12 months, 18 months?
Discuss next step (~20 minutes)
- What could you start to do now?
- What do you think you can achieve from now until we meet next time?
- How would you like us to follow up?
- Are there any professional goals or aspirations you've set for yourself in the upcoming years?
- What are your long term goals? Have you thought about them?
- What do you want to be doing in 5 years? 10 years? 3 years?
- What skills would you like to develop? What do you want to learn more about?
- What have you been wanting to learn more of, get better at, and improve on?
- One year from now, ideally, what kinds of skills do you want to become better at, or projects do you hope you will have taken on
- What do you think are needed to achieve these goals?
- Among these options, which of it makes the most sense?
- What could hinder you from achieving these goals?
- What challenges do you foresee in achieving these goals?
- What support do you need and from whom?
- By what date do you think you can reach this goal?
- How realistic are these goals?