This is the most common one-on-one meeting you will have with your reports. Use this meeting template to support your reports in their projects, discover and resolve issues, and align priorities.
Opening (~ 5 minutes)
- How are you doing?
- What's on your mind? Is there anything you want to discuss in this meeting?
Progress (~ 10 minutes)
- How is [project] going?
- What could we do to make it better?
- Is there anything blocking you for getting the work down? or slowing you down?
Priorities (~ 5 minutes)
- What are you planning to work on next?
Feedback (~ 5 minutes)
- What is the one thing you think we could do better?
- What can I do to better support you?
Next step/take away (~ 5 minutes)
Discuss the agreed action items and decisions, and how would you both like to follow up
- How are you? How's life outside of work?
- How's life?
- How do you feel about your work life balance right now?
- What are your biggest worries or concerns right now?
- How are you feeling right now?
- What questions do you have for me?
- What questions do you have about our company right now?
- Is any part of your project unclear or confusing?
- Do you have any question about the project goal?
- Is there anything blocking you from getting your work done?
- Is there a situation you’d like my help with?
- What are something we can improve?
- Do you have any question about the company/team direction?
- How do you think about the company/team direction?
- How does your priorities for the next two weeks look like?
- Are there any projects you’d really like to work on if you were given the opportunity?
- What do you think about how we arrange our works?
- How do you prefer to receive feedback?
- What is a recent situation you wish you handed differently? What would you change?
- When was the last-time you were annoyed? What happens?
- What aspect of your job would like to more coaching or feedback?
- How could we improve the ways our team works together?
- What is something I could do better? What is a criticism you have for me?
- What could I do to make you enjoy your work more?
- What do you like about my management style? What do you dislike?